Weekly Update 2021-10-01
The weekly Friday update from the Aurora team.
For today's update, we announced the following progress highlights made this week:
- This was another week of heads-down work on medium-term objectives, and while there's not a lot new to see publicly, it was very productive for the progress of the project.
- We are thrilled this week to announce a strategic partnership with Hapi, an innovative project working on the difficult challenges of preventing money laundering, and helping to track hacked funds. We anticipate the partnership will result in increased security of Rainbow Bridge funds, as well as increased protection against bridge misuse.
- A tremendous turnout was seen at the Rainbow Bridge meetup in Kyiv, Ukraine, where speakers included Illia Polosukhin, founder of NEAR Protocol, Alex Shevchenko, CEO of Aurora Labs, and Kendall Cole of Proximity. Be sure to check out the photos on Twitter!
- The Engine Team continued to address and resolve many issues as part of our relentless pursuit of 100% Ethereum compatibility!
- The Bridge and Product teams identified an approach to better handling of wrapped base assets on the bridge and will begin execution on that plan next week.
- The project welcomed a number of new team members, as well as continued interviewing others in our quest to scale. Remember, if you'd be interested in becoming a part of our journey to create the future of Ethereum scaling, be sure to check out the current open positions on our Careers page!
And that's all from today. Have a great weekend, and look forward to providing you more updates next week.