Weekly Update 2021-07-30
The weekly Friday update from the Aurora team.
For today's update, we announced the following progress highlights made this week:
- We began planning for our intended move of the Rainbow and Aurora Bridges from Ropsten to Goerli Testnet, due to Ropsten reliability issues. Several moving pieces are involved in such a migration, so when the time comes, we’ll announce details at least a week in advance, to give our users enough time to properly prepare.
- We continued making impressive engine performance improvements, based on our Uniswap benchmark deployment, managing to lower gas usage by over 75%, from 600 Tgas to 140 Tgas!
- We developed a much-needed Aurora-CLI utility for looking up the Aurora contract addresses for deployed ERC-20 tokens, based on their Ethereum source address. We'll announce more about this utility when it's ready for public use.
- We made further updates to our Aurora website, including dynamically generated share cards for each web page, and integrated most of the remaining pages into the CMS for easier management and (later) localization. Finally, we added the ability to custom-manage page SEO metadata in the CMS.
- We continued work on the new Aurora Bridge UI, which we anticipate releasing within the next two weeks.
- We resolved a gas-estimation problem which was causing problems for some users of the Aurora Bridge.
- We began work on making nETH fully compliant with the NEP-141 standard. Non-compliance was discovered to present secondary issues discovered during a token sale that was happening at Ref.finance during the past week. This work is expected to be finished next week.
- Our Apps & Partners team continued discussions with key existing partners, as well as new ones made at last week's EthCC Paris conference.
- We provided support to the IOSG Ventures 2021 L2 Hackathon.
And that's all from today. Have a great weekend, and look forward to providing you more updates next week.