Aurora builds an Ethereum-compatible network with increased scaling and lower transactions costs.
Your main responsibilities will be to develop new features and provide support on the Aurora engine. Notably, keeping up to date with Ethereum improvements as well as quality improvements on the performance of the engine.
Aurora Labs have created the Aurora Ecosystem which mainly consists of two components: Rainbow Bridge and Aurora Engine. The Rainbow Bridge is a fully trustless and decentralized bridge that interconnects Ethereum and NEAR ecosystems. Aurora Engine is an EVM built on the NEAR Protocol, delivering a turn-key solution for developers to operate their apps on an Ethereum-compatible, high-throughput, scalable and future-safe platform, with low transaction costs for their users.
If you are eager to dive into the competing cross-chain ecosystem and would like to work in an energetic environment, surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers, we would be happy to see you in Aurora Labs!
- Exceptional ability to keep things organized during the development of complex projects with a distributed team
- Proficiency in Rust
- Deep understanding of Blockchain technology and Ethereum in particular
- Knowledge of the Ethereum virtual machine
- Experience working in critical infrastructure systems, i.e blockchain
- Self-motivation and ability to fully own tasks
- Fast learner with a natural curiosity
- Clear ability and willingness to hustle and get things done
- Extreme ownership mentality - ability to take extreme ownership and full responsibility of tasks and projects
- Passionate about blockchain technology
- Able to provide valuable feedback and input during meetings
- Professionalism and quality in work ethic
- Staying committed to weekly assignments and being able to follow through
Nice to have
- Strong understanding of Ethereum smart contracts and best practices
- Experience implementing complex Ethereum contracts in Solidity
- Familiarity with NEAR
- Previous experience in the blockchain industry, particularly around the NEAR, Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, or Solana ecosystem
- Basic knowledge of cryptography
- Overseeing the release process of the Engine
- Follow EIPs (Ethereum Improvement Protocols) from Ethereum and implement them into the engine
- Maintenance of the Aurora engine
- Maintenance of documentation, product knowledge base, and on-call handbook
- Supporting the interaction between the Aurora Engine and other teams
- Working with the open-source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team
- Collaborate with Ethereum and being active in the Ethereum engineering forums
Join our dedicated team of blockchain industry professionals.
Please apply today — we’re standing by for your resume!